DESIGN DIRECTORY WALES TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Design Directory for Wales aims to raise awareness of the design expertise available in Wales. The experience, working processes and value for money offered by each design consultancy varies widely and it is important that you make the right consultant selection to fit your business objectives and budget.
Design Wales strongly recommends that you follow a selection process that includes drafting a design brief, project plan and project agreement (with costs, outcomes and responsibilities).
Please contact Design Wales if you would like advice in managing design in your company and/or selecting external design expertise.
The Design Directory for Wales is operated by Design Wales. The website showcases design expertise in Wales and provides a searchable database for visitors who wish to utilise this expertise.
Use of the Website
1. The terms and conditions apply to the Design Directory for Wales website under the domain names www.designdirectorywales.org, www.designdirectorywales.org.uk, www.cyfeiriadurdyluniocymru.org, www.designdirectorywales.co.uk and www.designdirectorywales.com (�the website�).
Accessing or using the website constitutes acceptance by you of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions then please do not continue to use the website.
2. Design Wales reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice. We recommend that you review these terms and conditions regularly so that you are aware of any changes that may have occurred. Continued use after the changes have been made implies that you have agreed to accept these amendments.
3. Visitors are reminded that the material submitted by each design consultancy is provided for convenience only; inclusion should not be regarded as an endorsement of the contents of the material. Although Design Wales manages the website, we do not act as an agent for the design consultancies listed in the directory and we cannot guarantee that the service they provide will fulfill your requirements. It is the responsibility of visitors to confirm the exact nature of the service being offered by a design consultancy. If you enter into a contract with a design consultancy, the contract is between you and the consultancy; entering into a contract with a design consultancy does not create an agency relationship with Design Wales. We do not offer an arbitration service and will not be liable to pay the cost of legal fees in the event of a legal dispute ensuing. Under no circumstances will Design Wales be held liable for any loss of revenue or business, or for any damage to business goodwill that may arise out of or in connection with the use of the website.
4. Design consultancies are responsible for ensuring that the material submitted is accurate and complies with all relevant laws. Submission of a portfolio document confirms that you have agreed for us to make this material available to the public. In order to ensure that the material contained in the website is up to date we will contact you approximately every six months asking you to check that the data is still accurate. If you do not agree to this, then you must not submit an entry onto the database.
5. You must not submit the details of a third party onto the database. We will not be held responsible for contacting a third party whose contact details have been submitted without consent.
6. With the exception of materials submitted by the design consultancies, copyright and all other forms of intellectual property that exist in the content of the website are the property of Design Wales and of third parties that have granted us permission to use their work. You may browse, print and download extracts from the website to a local hard disk for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may also copy extracts for individual third parties for their personal use under the condition that you acknowledge the website as the source of the material, and stipulate that the third party must accept these terms and conditions. Any other form of copying, reproduction, redistribution, transmission or storage is expressly prohibited without prior written consent from Design Wales. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org to seek permission.
7. You may not use our trade marks without our consent. Please contact
email@example.com to seek permission.
8. The website may contain references to trade marks that are not owned by Design Wales. Reference to a trade mark owned by a third party does not imply that we have any rights in the mark.
9. Under no circumstances will Design Wales be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from use or loss of use of data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of the website.
10. Design Wales reserves the right to make amendments to the information contained in the website.
11. It is the responsibility of visitors to verify the information contained in the website and to monitor any changes made to the website.
12. The website collects the following types of visitor information:
i. Visitor log files. These are used to compile site usage statistics and do not contain personal information that could identify individuals.
ii. The names and e-mail addresses of visitors that have contacted Design Wales through the website. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to respond to visitor e-mails. We will not pass this information on to third parties.
13. Contacting us by e-mail implies that you are giving us consent to contact you via e-mail in order to respond to your enquiry.
Use of data submitted by design consultancies
14. We will communicate with you using the personal data submitted for the following reasons:
i. To request an information update from you. Please refer to clause 4 of these terms and conditions.
ii. To advise you of changes to the service or website and its functionality.
iii. To inform you of activities undertaken by Design Wales.
iv. To contact you on behalf of carefully selected third parties. We will not disclose personal data to any third parties.
If you do not want to be contacted, please send details of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Hyperlinks to third party websites
15. Hyperlinks to third party websites are provided for convenience only. Design Wales does not accept any liability for the contents or reliability of these websites and the presence of a link is not an endorsement of the site. We cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times and we have no control over their availability.
16. These terms and conditions do not cover third party websites. We recommend that you read the terms and conditions of all other websites that you visit.
17. Design Wales has made every effort to ensure that the material contained within the website is virus free; nevertheless we strongly recommend that you run an anti-virus program on any material downloaded from the Internet. Design Wales will not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your computer system and data which may occur whilst using material derived from the website.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.